Harvest of the Month - Apples
Baking Apple Muffins with Kids
1 apple peeled and diced
2 cups apple sauce
1 box Spice cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and chop apples so they are about 1/4 inch
pieces. You don't need to be exact!
3. Add chopped apples and a big teaspoon of cake mix
into a bowl. Stir to cover apple bits. Set aside
4. Add 2 cups of apple sauce to cake mix. I needed a
mixer to combine well. About 2 minutes on medium.
5. Add the cake mix coated apple bits to the dough.
6. Stir together.
7. Spray the muffin tin with Pam.
8. Scoop a large scoop of dough into each muffin well.
To about 3/4 full.
9. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes
Makes 12 nice sized muffins.